New Born baby badly burnt in the warmer due to negligence

Jhelum Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Health Dr Mian Mazhar has suspended the entire staff of Bhatia Basic Health Unit for negligence in the wake of burns caused by rising baby warmer temperatures.

Official sources said that the staff nurse of BHU had put the newborn in the warmer but forgot to adjust his thermostat, due to which his back was badly burnt.

The boy was later shifted to Jhelum District Headquarters Hospital (DHQ) Hospital where he is undergoing treatment.

Dr Mazhar also initiated a departmental inquiry against the staff under the PEDA Act.



3rd Professional Medical Student. Karachi Medical and Dental College.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: