There is some evidence to suggest that white mulberry may be helpful for weight loss. For example, one study found that people who took a white mulberry extract for 12 weeks lost more weight and body fat than those who took a placebo.
White mulberry contains a number of compounds that may contribute to its weight loss effects, including:
- DNJ: DNJ is a compound that inhibits the absorption of sugar from the gut. This can help to reduce blood sugar levels and promote weight loss.
- Anthocyanins: Anthocyanins are plant pigments that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They may also help to promote weight loss by increasing the burning of fat and reducing the storage of fat in the body.
- Fiber: White mulberry is a good source of fiber, which can help to promote weight loss by making you feel full and reducing your calorie intake.
If you are considering using white mulberry for weight loss, it is important to talk to your doctor first. White mulberry is generally safe for most people, but it is important to make sure that it is safe for you. It is also important to note that white mulberry is not a miracle cure for weight loss. It is important to combine the use of white mulberry with a healthy diet and regular exercise to achieve the best results.
Here are some ways to use white mulberry for weight loss:
- Eat white mulberry leaves or fruit. White mulberry leaves and fruit are both edible and can be eaten fresh, dried, or cooked.
- Take a white mulberry supplement. White mulberry supplements are available in powder, capsule, and liquid form.
- Apply white mulberry extract topically. White mulberry extract can be applied topically to the skin to help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
It is important to note that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to weight loss. What works for one person may not work for another. It is important to find a weight loss plan that is safe and effective for you.
White mulberry for weight loss: effects
The only data accessible to science on the use of white mulberry for weight loss comes from a few rat trials. Keep in mind that their findings are simply suggestions, not proof that white mulberry would work for weight loss in humans in the same way. The following weight loss outcomes have been documented in studies:
- reduction of appetite by 20-50% ,
- reduced weight gain with a high-calorie diet,
- weight loss greater than with physical activity,
- reducing the amount of visceral fat ,
- reduction of insulin resistance ,
- lowering blood glucose levels.
All of these findings show that white mulberry may have the ability to promote weight loss in humans as well. More research, including in humans, is required to confirm this. White mulberry’s slimming properties are thus still merely hypotheses.
Google Bard Experimental